Emergency Vet in Birmingham, AL
Does your pet need emergency medical care? Call now for immediate assistance from our trained veterinary staff.
Valleydale Animal Clinic provides comprehensive treatment services, hospitalization, and critical care for pet emergencies during business hours.
Our animal emergency center is equipped with the latest diagnostic equipment and technologies to help our veterinary experts assess your pet’s health.
If your pet requires a service that we cannot provide, we’ll refer you to an appropriate 24-hour urgent care center. Call our office now for help.
After Hours Pet Emergencies
During business hours, we welcome pet emergencies in Birmingham at Valleydale Animal Clinic and encourage you to call us or come right in. However, outside our business hours, we recommend you contact the following emergency pet hospitals in Alabama. We encourage you to contact the emergency clinic before your arrival to ensure there is a veterinarian on-site.
|VSB (Veterinary Specialists of Birmingham)|
146 Resource Center Pkwy
Mon: 8am - 12am
Tue: 8am - 12am
Wed: 4pm - 12am
Thu: 8am - 12am
Fri: 8am - 12am
Sat: 8am - 12am
Sun: 8am - 12am
|Steel City Emergency Vets|
1900 Hoover Ct
Mon: 24 Hours
Tue: 6pm - 7:30am
Wed: 6pm - 7:30am
Thu: 6pm - 7:30am
Fri: 24 Hours
Sat: 24 Hours
Sun: 24 Hours
Holidays: 24 Hours
What is considered a pet emergency?
In most cases, the following conditions are too risky to wait before seeking treatment:
- Injury from a traumatic accident or from an attack by another animal
- Prolonged diarrhea or vomiting that contains blood
- Collapse or loss of consciousness
- Difficulty breathing
- Swollen and or painful abdomen
- Foaming at the mouth
- Swallowing a foreign object
- Ingestion of a toxic object
- Difficulty urinating
Emergency Tests & Diagnostics
During your pet’s stay, we provide the highest-quality care and attention. All hospitalized patients are kept in a specialized treatment area where they are closely monitored.
Our vet team is skilled in offering surgical, diagnostic, and medical care and work with compassion and efficiency to ensure a positive outcome.
We offer the latest diagnostics and testing at our emergency veterinary clinic, including:
- Blood analysis. A blood analysis can help us determine what is wrong with your dog or cat if they are experiencing an unknown illness or has ingested a toxic substance.
- Digital X-rays. X-rays help us determine what kind of internal injuries your pet might be experiencing after a fight or accident involving a car.
- Surgery. Sometimes pets need to be brought into surgery to repair internal injuries.
- Medication. Medicines may be necessary to help your pet recover from a medical emergency or illness. We keep a range of pet medicines on hand to ensure that your pet's needs are covered.
For more information on our emergency vet services or to book an appointment, please call our office.